PS.. pic has nothing to do with the post I just thought it was cute.
Ah, Mr.President could you spare an hour...
This month our beautiful little boy turns four. I can hardly believe it! Over the last year many of his classmates have had big birthday parties were they invite the whole class. Baxter has been excited about having all of his friends at his party for a while. So, even though I prefer home birthday parties I didn't feel comfortable asking all of his classmates to drive to Oceanside for his party. Really it is only a half an hour from San Diego but when you live in San Diego Oceanside sounds FAR away. Anyway, we decided to have two parties this year one at the beach house with our close friends and a few buddies of his and one at Pump it up. We've heard it is a blast it is a huge warehouse of bouncy's. Well, where am I going with this. My son is convinced Barack Obama is coming to his birthday party at least one if not both. He is pretty obsessed with our President. During the election we told him, as best we could, about the election and the candidates. Who we were supporting and why. After Obama won and we told him he was moving to the White House every time he saw a house that was white he thought that it was where Barack lived. So I got him a book about the White House. On occasion he will see big white houses and think they are the White House but I remind him that it is in Washington and we are in California... Next was understanding he was every American's President not just Baxter's. Then came the, "Is Barack Obama coming to my school today? Swimming? My house????" And on and on. He told me if Barack was his president he needed to spend time with him. I have explained about the secret service but this seems too complicated for him. Why would someone want to hurt Obama? A few nights ago when Kristine was putting B to bed he said, "Mamma, when I'm asleep Barack comes to my room and gives me kisses, then he goes back to the White House. But he only does this in the winter time. Isn't that cool Mamma?" So, when I have told him that our President is very busy and already is scheduled during his parties B tells me I am mistaking and that Barack is defiantly come. "You did send an invitation, right?" Now because I want to be the kind of mother who is true to her word I will be inviting our President to a four year old birthday party. I hope this four year old will not be crushed when Barack does not show up.

PS.. pic has nothing to do with the post I just thought it was cute.
PS.. pic has nothing to do with the post I just thought it was cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope Mr. Obama can make it!
Post a Comment