Was it really a cricket?



The other day Baxter and I went to the zoo. It was more crowded than ever... spring break. Well, on our way to see the bugs (B's second favorite thing to do at the zoo) we passed a small theater where it seems we have never seen shows before. And low and behold this day, I'm sure because of all the extra visitors, they were having a "show". Of course Baxter wanted to watch. Near the end the zoo keeper asked if anyone was brave enough to come up and eat a cricket. Baxter shot his hand up. About six other kids joined him. The guy gave them each what he called a cricket, I was near the back but it appeared to be an actual cricket. Each child one by one ate them, the guy put a microphone up to their mouths so the audience could here the crunching. The two teenagers almost gaged and spit it out another reason I think it might have really been a cricket. Unfortunately, we were in too much of a hurry I could go ask the zoo keeper if it was. Baxter kept asking me, "Did I eat a cricket? Is that the silliest thing I've ever done?" That night he kept waking up and saying he didn't want to eat a cricket. He was so cute on strange though. If anyone has seen this before and knows what it was they ate please let me know.

Before we went to the zoo, while I was getting ready, he decided to put my boots on...

3 comments:

gojensens said...

What a brave boy and a brave mom! How funny that you really don't know. Sorry, I can't help you.

buttafly said...

I've seen the show and I am pretty sure that they are real crickets!

Rebecca said...

Baxter's teacher went to the zoo recently and saw this show and asked... AND YES it is a real cricket! Her daughter was smart enough to say, "no, thanks!"