Here it is, my first actual garment! I have been chomping at the bit to post these pictures. It is for my sisters daughter Daisy and I was able to give it to her today. I didn't want to post it and ruin the surprise. When I started this two months ago my plan was to make Daisy this dress and Walt (her twin brother) a vest for Easter... well, I got the dress done. All of the technics were new to me, picking up stitches, using circular needles, button whole, etc... it is certainly not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it. So far I have four other patterns to start . And I started those socks on double pointed needles a few days ago! Although they are a little awkward they are not that hard. When I finished this dress I asked Baxter if he wanted me to make him something. I thought maybe he would say, "yes, whatever." He said in a very assured manner, "Yes, I want a black sweater with Bat Man on it." Then the next morning when he got up he said, "Maybe you can make my sweater blue." It was the cutest thing I love that he has such a strong opinion about things, that he already knows who he is and what he likes. This is something I will need to remember when we are butting heads during the teen years.
Finished!
Here it is, my first actual garment! I have been chomping at the bit to post these pictures. It is for my sisters daughter Daisy and I was able to give it to her today. I didn't want to post it and ruin the surprise. When I started this two months ago my plan was to make Daisy this dress and Walt (her twin brother) a vest for Easter... well, I got the dress done. All of the technics were new to me, picking up stitches, using circular needles, button whole, etc... it is certainly not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it. So far I have four other patterns to start . And I started those socks on double pointed needles a few days ago! Although they are a little awkward they are not that hard. When I finished this dress I asked Baxter if he wanted me to make him something. I thought maybe he would say, "yes, whatever." He said in a very assured manner, "Yes, I want a black sweater with Bat Man on it." Then the next morning when he got up he said, "Maybe you can make my sweater blue." It was the cutest thing I love that he has such a strong opinion about things, that he already knows who he is and what he likes. This is something I will need to remember when we are butting heads during the teen years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is it really this easy to leave a comment? I am so computer illiterate, I am strictly an email and bank account girl when it comesto the computer. Face book makes things easy, so I write more there. Anyway, bravo on the dress, seriously, I think it takes a real talent to do that. My mom in law has those talents and I am envious. It is really beautiful, I bet Jenny was in love with it. Well have a great day and I do love your blog. I love to read about your beautiful family and boy and see how well you are doing. You look so amazing and have come so far since the last time I saw you. It was at Masako's wedding. You have so much to be proud of. Talk to you soon. Love, Teresa
SO CUTE!!! You did a great job Rebecca!! I wish I had gotten into sewing when Ash was smaller, that is one talent I don't think I will ever master!
I will be anticipating the blue sweater with batman on it!!
That dress is darling. You are amazing.
Post a Comment