Student of the Month
Early on in the school year Baxter came home and said, "Mom, if you're really good you get a certificate and a whole party just for you!". I quickly realized he was talking about student of the month and I was extremely nervous for his feelings certain he would not ever "earn" it. My son is the one with a contract with the teacher to be "good" in class. It is not that he is "bad", he just has a hard time staying still and quiet. It's gotten much better for sure but he is extremely kinetic and that doesn't change over night. And even though I want him to learn to "play the game" and follow the rules I also don't want to break his spirit or kill his creativity. Anyway, I was so happy for him when he finally earned the "Student of the Month" I know he work hard for it.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job Baxter!
Post a Comment