Family Visit

In April, my cousin Amy got married! Since everyone was going to be in town we planned a little surprise party for my brother Kurt who had just turned 40! Unfortunately, someone dropped the secret which caused him to call friends from high school who talked him into going to Chino the day after the party we planned at the beach house. So it ended up being pretty much family at our little gathering. Of course the kids couldn't be happier, any time with their cousins is the best! Amy's wedding was at a beautiful home in Temecula. At one point I saw a big group of people clapping & cheering while looking toward the pool which I couldn't see because it was covered with trees. Right away I thought, "Oh no, what is Baxter doing?". As I walked toward the pool my Uncle says, "that boys about to go in the pool." then I round the corner and see Baxter climbing out of the pool! Apparently he was fooling around running down the rock slide and ended up falling in. I was so upset but it was difficult since everyone was saying, "Great job" and high fiving him. He was soaking it up and acting all cool. But right when we got in the car he started crying and saying everyone was laughing at him and he didn't want to fall in the pool it was an accident. I really saw that already at almost six he knows how to hide his feelings in public. Everyone always thinks he's so tough because he acts that way, a few months ago he had some issues at school where kids were upset he wasn't playing with them. I thought it was petty crazy basically parents talked to the teacher because my five year old son was telling kids "I don't want to play with you." because he was playing with someone or something else. He was almost being labelled a bully when he never touched another child or even called another child a name. Anyway, the teachers said to me that it was difficult for me to understand because Baxter's so tough and not sensitive like the other boys. And that is simply not true he comes home sad some days and says so and so didn't want to play with him or someone made fun of him he just knows how to pretend like it doesn't bother him. I just hope that he never starts "hiding" those feelings from me as well.





Of Course They All End Up in The Tub

Before the dip in the pool...

All Wet

1 comment:

gojensens said...

Aww! I didn't know he cried when he got in the car! He did hide that well; but strange because he totally looked like he was eating up all the attention he was getting. I thought it was halarious and sooo cute how he acted about the whole thing!