Clones on the Beach
We had so much fun celebrating Baxter's birthday. We have a good friend, Ben, who is in a group of Star Wars fanatics. Our friend and others in his group have been in Lucas commercials and print ads because their costumes are so amazing! I told Baxter I had a friend who was a clone and he might come to the party, these guys don't normally do birthday parties but they totally came thru for us. I love big beach parties. We ran relays, squirted water guns, thru water balloons and ate a ton of junk food! A couple of weeks before the party I was in B's class when he came up to me and said, "We have to go mom, Salvador hurt my feelings. We need to go right now.". He was trying to hide behind me and he looked like he was going to start balling. This is not the norm for him at all. Anyway, the teacher called him and Salvador over to work it out. When he got in the car at the end of the day he said, "Mom, Salvador & I worked it out and we're friends again.". Me, "what happened anyway?" "Mom" he starts getting choked up again, "mom, Salvador said that star wars is a myth! And I know it's real mom because you know a clone!" I found it extremely ironic that I'm the loud mouth atheist and this is my baby upset someone is telling him a myth is in fact a myth! I just told him to let Salvador believe what he wants to believe and he can believe what he wants to... Ironic!







Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment