Silly Stuff

Family bath time.

Cute silly stuff these days...
Baxter is obsessed with being a carnivore. He tells me all the time he only needs meat like a T-Rex. Often when he gets home from school he'll say, "I'm so hungry I need some MEAT mom! Can I have a burger." Well, I make him boca burgers, for those of you who don't know those are veggie burgers.. absolutely NO MEAT! I feel a little bad about this but mostly I think it is pretty funny.

This picture of Baxter's sentence is one example of how mortified I am by their "quick writes" in class. This one is, I know, because he is all about meat thus killing the cow but all of his sentences sound very I don't know scary. He writes about ninjas, and knights, fights, guns, etc. We don't let him play video games (except educational ones) or watch t.v., etc. All the other kids write things like "I like my mom." Some of the moms with second graders told me Baxter is just advanced because that's what all the 8 year old boys are writing about. That made me feel slightly better. He is definitely all boy!
Baxter LOVES spending time with Grandma Betty. Almost every day he says lets go say hi to grandma. He cooks with her, reads with her or just hangs out. I love how social he is.

Baxter is such a big boy, ever since I had Vincent when we go to amusement parks he goes on all the big rides all by himself. This picture isn't great but he is on the rapids ride at Sea World.

Vincent too is doing some cute things these days. He loves putting everything in his mouth especially sand.

He absolutely loves the water. The moment the pool gets uncovered he starts flipping out with excitement!

He loves running around with his walker. The last couple of weeks I have "caught" him walking on his own but right when he sees me he either sits down or puts his hand out and whines. Last weekend he walked over ten steps for Kristine but he will not take more than a step for me. Today he walked probably 20 steps across the basketball field at Baxter's school then the moment he say me watching he sat down. It's makes me laugh!


2 comments:

Teresa Bassett said...

I think your kids are precious!!! I love what Baxter wrote about the cow thing....kids make me laugh. I wouldn't worry to much about it, boys go through phases. Just wanted to say hi and say I think your family is beautiful! miss you!!!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Tree!