
The past few months Baxter has started to tell us stories, often at bedtime. Although, they lack a real beginning, middle and end and a plot for that matter they are SO entertaining. These stories tend to be "spooky" in nature which is so surprising since this boy is always the comedian. He is drawn to the characters in the story that are funny rather than the hero, i.e. Matter over Lightning McClean. Anyway, he is quite good at telling a story he uses the proper inflection in his voice, softly "the house was really still and all of the sudden they opened the door (loud) and a monster jumped out and bit off their toes." Fast, "Then they went to the doctor and got new feet." They really are a hoot!
Another thing he does with words that I found so endearing is when he has learned or hurt a new word he wants to use but isn't totally sure what it means so he will use it completely out of context or in an unsure manner. Some of the words he has used like this include evaluation, discrimination, rational and on and on I wish I could remember how he used them because they were hilarious. I do remember a few weeks ago we were leaving the house and a newspaper was on the walk way and he said, "Mom, there's the newspaper that's where there are lots of calculations." Which I guess could technically be correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment