We had a fabulous time back east. By the second day in Vermont Kristine was looking for houses. I could see myself living there, gardening, canning and having more babies. Every day in Vermont Kristine and Baxter went out to play in the snow for hours. I was surprise how much Baxter seemed to be in his element there. We had a few little adventures like the day Anna, Lauren and I went into town for the farmers market and slid off the road. Luckily we were very close to home and some hunters came by and helped us. The food there was amazing. Everything is locally, naturally grown. Literally, menus at the restaurants depend on what the local farm has. Everything was so alive and delicious. We did a big Thanksgiving dinner there before Thanksgiving with two turkeys and Justine brought lobsters from Maine where she lives.
I finally got to meet Anna's best friends from college Lauren and Justine. And Lauren taught me how to knit! I have wanted to learn forever, it is so simple. I am enjoying it so much it has caused me to put off posting the last two nights. On our drive to New York City we hit a massive storm where we watched all wheel drive trucks crash off the road. Here we were in a mini van with two wheel drive. My friend Kim was awesome and made sure we made it safely to Lauren's Bed and Breakfast. I'm frustrated with myself that I don't have any pictures. Her Bed and Breakfast is in Beacon, New York it is beautiful and we had a fantastic night there and really enjoyed meeting her mom. Here is the website http://www.mtbeaconbedandbreakfast.com/.
NYC was of course a blast Baxter loved playing in Central Park. Every time we went any where Baxter would ask, " Are we going to Central Park? Then are we going to play at Central Park?..." Kristine and I did decide we would have to go back to the city without a 3 year old. It would be a much different experience. We were back in the apartment every night by 7 and ordered in, similar to real New Yorker families. Kim's cousin who just graduated from Yale (BTW) works at Google; we got a tour! It would be the best company to work for (if you had to have an office job). They definitely take care of their employees there are snack stations on every corner stocked, razors all over for employees to get around, a huge game room, lego station and huge high quality cafeteria where all the food if provided for the employees and their guests. The Natural History Museum was awesome we could have spent a week there alone. The only bummer was standing in line for the Empire State Building for hours. Apparently, it was sort of my fault because we had purchased tickets before hand and some guy out side was trying to get us to by "express" tickets for $15 more each. He was saying we had to wait in a long line and I said "NO, our ticket says go directly to elevator line." No one mentioned the elevator line was FOREVER! It would have been well worth the extra 15 bucks. Oh, well you live and learn. For two weeks that was the worse part I think is great. To see more pics you can check out my facebook account. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1497424457&ref=profile
1 comment:
Great photos and a wonderful description of your trip--thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment