Dance Open House












For months Baxter kept telling me he wanted to take dance he is draw to music and always wants to move his body. After much research and trying a few studios we chose The Creative Dance Theater per rave reviews by many parents and an amazing owner/instructor. What I really like about their philosophy is that with this age it is about creative movement. Although they teach some technique and terms they really focus on creativity. They will read stories or poems and have the kids "act" it out. I am always impressed with how well Ms.Laura interacts with the kids. She is a fantastic teacher. Baxter started in September and knows a lot of ballet terms je`te, chasse, tondu and on and on. This week his class had an open house where friends and family could come and watch what he does on a weekly bases. I was a bit nervous because B has a lot of energy and at times can have a difficult time staying fouced in class. Mostly, I was afraid he might be distracting for the other kids whose families came. He did great. It was very interesting how the kids reacted to the "big day". A few kids were missing something I considered but decided against. Two of the girls who are usually SO perfect were a bit distracted and the other little girl who, like Baxter, gets distracted was better than I ever saw her. Baxter was himself, energetic but with Ms.Laura's help kept his attention on task. Baxter's god mom Janet came all the way up from Laguna Beach and our good friend Keith came. It was a challenge for some of our friends to attend since it was on a week day in the middle of the day. You might not know it but I actually have a really good camera but I FORGET it all the time. I even forgot our video camera which I think we have not used since last Christmas. So needless to say the iphone does not take the best pictures especially action shots.

No comments: