My Athlete

Baxter participated in his first biathlon (swim/run). It was at Fiesta Island.  Kristine was out of town so Belly came along to help me with Vincent and cheer B on.  She and Nikki made some awesome signs for B. He did great he raced in the 7-10 year olds (he's 7) and he was the second kid out of the water.  Later he told me he was creeped out in the water so he stayed close to the boy in third place.  So I think he could have given the girl in first a little more run for her money.  Anyway, as he started running after his transition his shoe fell off and I said I'd help him. He turned around and said, "I don't care, mom!" and took off running.  So he ran the two miles with one shoe on.  Fun times!



.

1 comment:

gojensens said...

I'm sure he will do awesome at the Diamond Kid Triathlon, it's going to be fun!