Fun Weekend

We had the best time at the mountain house with our family Aunt Janet, Uncle Tim, and Belly.  I love spending time with them and especially when the kids get to hang out with them.  Right now Baxter is obsessed with Minecraft it's basically a computer game where they build and mine. I'd heard there is a mining company in Julian with an old train ride so we decided to check it out.  It was so fun!   We rode an old train, went inside a mine, panned for gold.  The kids got to then spend their gold in the old country store.  After that weekend Baxter's imagination soared and he wrote a cute story about how he saw the weekend.

MINING
BY BAXTER ORVELL

I was sleeping at my mountain house, waiting for my Uncle Tim.  When I woke up I ran down stairs to see my surprise.  It was a lot of surprises.  My uncle came to my mountain house.  He brought me a mine car, a flashlight, mining cloths and a pick ax.  He was taking me to explore a cave!  When my uncle and I got to the cave we mined.  After seven hours we finally found crystals that looked like diamonds. 

The next morning when we got up we eat a delicious breakfast.  We had pancakes, bacon, sausage and fries.  The pancakes had chocolates, the sausages were fat, the fries were buttery and potatoey and the bacon was beefy! 

I put the crystals in a little bag.  We went back to the mountain house. The first thing I did was show my parents the stuff that I found.  They were surprised and they were happy that I was finally home.  I was still all dusty from the cave.  And that is how I got my diamonds.













No comments: