Visit to Parump


My sister moved to a small town outside of Vegas at the beginning of this year. We have tried to plan a visit all summer and it just never worked out until this month. Every year my sister's sister in law does a big Halloween bash, we were able to participate last year and were thrilled that the weekend we planed our trip was the weekend of her party. I was very happy that I didn't actually throw up while I was driving, although I did have to pull over a few times to do so. It was a little disappointing that I spent most of the time lying on the coach but at least Baxter had a blast. Baxter decided a while ago he wanted to be a Clone Trooper (from Star Wars) for Halloween a few weeks ago I asked him if he wanted me to dress up like Princess Leigh. Most of the family dress up together for this party. He was so excited and said, "Yeah, and mama can dress up like the guy who saves you and I can fight her!" It was too cute. So I dressed up like Princess Leigh for the party and he was so cute he kept saying, "Princess Leigh watch me go down the slide. Princess Leigh did you get a cupcake. Princess Leigh...." Too bad I didn't get a shot of us together. At the party there is a pumpkin carving contest, B and I did our best and carved "the toddler" one side happy one side scary. After we entered it for judging B kept saying, "We're going to win mom. I know we are!" I told him it was a pretty stiff competition matter of fact I took him up to examine the other pumpkins in hope he would understand we didn't have a chance. The adorable thing about kids is they rarely see their shortcomings and although he thought there were some, "awfully good pumpkins" he was still convinced we would triumph! And so he was disappointed when we did not take any prizes but I think it is a great life lesson... we're not always number one. For Halloween, if we are all better by then, Kristine is going to join our Star Wars theme and be Han Solo.

The Competition

Our Clone Trooper

My adorable niece

3 comments:

buttafly said...

So cute! Hopefully you will all get to dress up for Halloween. I'd love to see you all in your Star Wars costumes!!

gojensens said...

Bummer, we never did take a picture of you and Baxter together. You two would have won if they did the costume contest this year.
I'm steeling the pic. of Daisy it's so cute! The 1st photo looks like a cool old picture.

Suko said...

It's been too long since I stopped by, but good to catch up with all your news. I hope you're feeling better. :)