Jedi Knight
At Disneyland currently they do a Jedi show where they choose kids from the audience to go thru the "Jedi training camp". For months every time we went to Disneyland Baxter would want to go to the show, he would raise his hand, jump up and down to be picked and every time they would NOT select him. It had to be at least ten times! My heart would ache for him but I tried to follow his lead and he mostly acted like it was no big deal. In October we met up with some childhood friends of mine there which was really cool, I love facebook getting me back in touch with old friends. Anyway, we were walking by where they do the show and my friends kids wanted to check it out I was not excited about it. As we were sitting down Baxter turned to me and said he wasn't going to raise his hand and I just said, "OK." A little relieved to tell the truth. Once the cast came out and the excitement started to build with all the kids shouting, B could not help himself pretty soon he was on his feet with the rest of them. It looked as if once again he would be passed over. Nearly all the spots were filled when finally the "trainer" looked back our way and chose both my friends daughter and Baxter. I loved that he turned around and gave me a thumbs up with a huge smile before heading to his spot. I immediately texted Kristine "HE GOT PICKED FOR THE JEDI TRAINING!!" He was adorable and I as usual wish I had a real camera with me and not just my iphone, my friends husband took pics and if I get those I will replace these ones. They gave him a certificate that says he has completed Jedi training camp which I think he will treasure for a long time to come.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah!!! Jedi Baxter!
Post a Comment