The next morning Baxter & I got on the road early and visited my sister and her family in Nevada. My brothers Michael & Kurt and Skye (Kurt's daughter) also came. It was really nice, Baxter loves spending time with his cousins. We ate and ate and played games and ate some more. We also got to help my very organized sister put away the thanksgiving decorations and put up the Christmas ones. The only bummer of the trip was our drive home. We got on the road nice and early but still hit major traffic. The drive that usually takes me 5 hours turned into 9 hours. The first hour into our drive in dead stopped traffic Baxter said he didn't feel well he thought he might vomit. I grabbed a big cup I had in the car to catch my own pregnancy throw-up and as I was handing it to him he began to projectile vomit all over the entire car. And when I say the entire car that's what I mean it went from the steering wheel to the sunroof all over the carpet in the front seat and back. Now remember I am in dead stopped traffic so there is absolutely nothing I can do! I was shocked I didn't loose my cookies or my cool. About twenty minutes later we made it to a rest stop where I had hoped to use paper towels to get us a bit cleaned up, of course they had dryers instead. So I used our cloths to clean up as much as possible. We drove the next eight hours with the windows down and it cost me $300 to get the car detailed and the smell out! Makes for great memories, right?
Thanksgiving 2009
It took us a long time to decide what to do for Thanksgiving. Its one of our favorite holidays because it has always been our holiday, we don't do the family thing but have a big dinner with friends that we call Misfit Thanksgiving. A place anyone can come that either doesn't have family close or at all. This is a tradition Kristine started before we met and I have loved it. Some years we have 30 people and other years only 5. We were both feeling a little sad that we didn't have our home to celebrate in. We had decided to stay at the beach house and make a small turkey just for our little family of three. A few days before we invited our close friends Anna & Kim to join us, which they did. It was a beautiful perfect day, the waves were just right for B so Kristine took him surfing for which turned out to be his best surf day to date. I can't believe I missed it while I was cooking.


The next morning Baxter & I got on the road early and visited my sister and her family in Nevada. My brothers Michael & Kurt and Skye (Kurt's daughter) also came. It was really nice, Baxter loves spending time with his cousins. We ate and ate and played games and ate some more. We also got to help my very organized sister put away the thanksgiving decorations and put up the Christmas ones. The only bummer of the trip was our drive home. We got on the road nice and early but still hit major traffic. The drive that usually takes me 5 hours turned into 9 hours. The first hour into our drive in dead stopped traffic Baxter said he didn't feel well he thought he might vomit. I grabbed a big cup I had in the car to catch my own pregnancy throw-up and as I was handing it to him he began to projectile vomit all over the entire car. And when I say the entire car that's what I mean it went from the steering wheel to the sunroof all over the carpet in the front seat and back. Now remember I am in dead stopped traffic so there is absolutely nothing I can do! I was shocked I didn't loose my cookies or my cool. About twenty minutes later we made it to a rest stop where I had hoped to use paper towels to get us a bit cleaned up, of course they had dryers instead. So I used our cloths to clean up as much as possible. We drove the next eight hours with the windows down and it cost me $300 to get the car detailed and the smell out! Makes for great memories, right?


The next morning Baxter & I got on the road early and visited my sister and her family in Nevada. My brothers Michael & Kurt and Skye (Kurt's daughter) also came. It was really nice, Baxter loves spending time with his cousins. We ate and ate and played games and ate some more. We also got to help my very organized sister put away the thanksgiving decorations and put up the Christmas ones. The only bummer of the trip was our drive home. We got on the road nice and early but still hit major traffic. The drive that usually takes me 5 hours turned into 9 hours. The first hour into our drive in dead stopped traffic Baxter said he didn't feel well he thought he might vomit. I grabbed a big cup I had in the car to catch my own pregnancy throw-up and as I was handing it to him he began to projectile vomit all over the entire car. And when I say the entire car that's what I mean it went from the steering wheel to the sunroof all over the carpet in the front seat and back. Now remember I am in dead stopped traffic so there is absolutely nothing I can do! I was shocked I didn't loose my cookies or my cool. About twenty minutes later we made it to a rest stop where I had hoped to use paper towels to get us a bit cleaned up, of course they had dryers instead. So I used our cloths to clean up as much as possible. We drove the next eight hours with the windows down and it cost me $300 to get the car detailed and the smell out! Makes for great memories, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The same thing happened to us on the way to a New Year's Eve party several years ago. We spent the night doing laundry and cleaning the car enough so we could get home. We ended up having the car detailed the next day even though it was Sunday.
You are an amazing woman to keep from puking on your drive home!
Ugh, poor Baxter. And you for having to deal with it all.
Post a Comment