Vincent's favorite food, hands down, is pasta. Since I've recently learned how to make homemade pasta with our dear friend Belly I decided it would be fun to make homemade pasta for Vincent's birthday. What started out as an idea to make some spaghetti and a few friends turned into 40 people and 5 different types of pasta choices. The prep was a little longer than I was excepting; I'm so fortunate Belly made all of it with me. We made fettucini with Alfredo, spaghetti with veggie Marinara, linguini with pesto and my favorite we made V's and O's some that I kept plain with just butter and some with a tomato sauce. I also had sausage on the side. I think everyone had a great time and several people told me it was the most delicious pasta they'd ever had.
About a month before Vincent's birthday I asked him what he wanted, expecting him to have no idea what I was talking about but instead he said, "Inannabike." (I want a bike) Which became his mantra for the next few weeks until his birthday. It was super cute he told EVERYONE, people that came to our house, anyone close enough to hear him at the park, grocery store, etc.. So on his birthday he got a bike and he loves it. It only took him a couple of days to figure out how to pedal and he rides it all around the court yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment