Last weekend Kristine and I and our friends Lisa & Colleen went to Laguna for the Pageant of the Masters. I have been looking forward to it for a couple of moths now ever since my Aunt Janet got us tickets. She and her husband were also out of town for the weekend so we got to stay at there fabulous home, in Laguna Beach, kid free for the weekend. We had such a great time and I found my new favorite artist Kathy Jones.

When we got home it was shrine week at the cabin, I was hoping to go up for the week but B has been out of school so much and Kristine has already taken a lot of time off work so it just wasn't feasible. I decided to take Baxter and go up for at least a night because I did not want to miss the BEST part of shrine week... the fire fighter water fight. All the kids bring water guns, squirt bottle and water balloons and the fire fighters bring ah, their truck. Little unfair advantage but the kids have a blast. Our friend Kristi who we sold our other cabin to was going up with her son Jack so I thought if I did get scared they are only two cabins away. I was surprised I wasn't scared at all I think because the camp is pretty full during shrine week. The funny thing is, we are probably safer up there then in the city but all those movies we grow up with messes up our heads! Of course the water fight was a hit and it was well worth it! Baxter and I had a nice relaxing, bonding time.



No comments: