Camping

We just got back from a camping trip with my family. First we had a mini family reunion where I got to see cousins that I hadn't seen in years. It was so fun catching up I'm only disappointed we didn't take a group shot with everyone that was there. Then we were off to San Mateo to camp. Unfortunately, Kristine had to work but all my siblings came as well as some cousins. We sold our RV a couple of months ago so it was a tent for Baxter and me. Which he of course thought was the coolest thing ever. Baxter played all day with his cousins, he spent hours in the ocean, he rode his bike, made S'mores and he even got to start a few fires thanks to Uncle Danny. Every one kept laughing about Baxter just running out into the ocean without telling me first and I would run after him and screaming. I'm afraid he will never develop a little healthy fear of the ocean. When he gets totally clobbered by a wave he comes up and says, "mom did you see me ride that big wave?" I want to say, "I think that wave rode you" but I don't want to break his heart because he really thinks he is. We had such a great time I am already trying to book a few days in September for him and I to go again. It was fabulous having all the family together especially since my brother Greg moved half way across the county a few days ago. I hope we can make this an annual tradition.











2 comments:

buttafly said...

That looks like a blast! I have yet to camp on a beach, I really want to though. How far is this campground?

Rebecca said...

This camp ground is on the other side of the 5, so it is not on the beach. It is really a pain to get spots during the summer. Anyway, this spot is next to San Clemente. My fav is Doheny. I grew up beach camping, I love it!