For New Years we had a few friends up to the mountain house with us Keith and Fredrick, my Aunt Janet and Uncle Tim and Greg. We had a delicious Prime Rib dinner and a great discussion on the state of the US economy. Then we turned to something much lighter and played poker, love poker, except that Greg always wins! I use to get second place but now after watching some poker on TV Kristine has taken even second from me. It was so nice to be around people we love, in a beautiful place, with great food and lots of laughter. On New Years Day we got more company; Kurt came down with his friend Becky who we totally dug. It was a bit confessing with two of us in the house, since Greg still calls me Becky. So we took to calling her Becky deuce. Also my mom and a friend of hers came. We had a blast playing Wii. It was hilarious B kept kicking everyones butt at tennis. He would just fling the paddle around, no one could return his serves. I think us all busting up didn't help. The best was watching Krisinte and Janet box. Kristine use to be a professional boxer so she looked like a real boxer and my Aunt looked like a "girl" slapping away in the air. And Janet kept winning! Kristine would interject here that Janet wasn't forthcoming about the rules... It was fun. The next couple of days we all complained of Wii sorness.
After everyone left we were able to spend a few wonderful days knitting, walking and reading. Baxter even relaxes up there. Hopefully, this next year will bring many more great memories there.



Making snow angles in what was left of the snow.
2 comments:
I love the pictures!
I had a blast at your place for new years and I love my new nickname Becky Deuce! I can't wait to play with you guys again! I have totally been craving poker, i miss it! I'm glad that you liked the redhead post, it is oh so very true! :) I hope that you all are doing great and that you are keeping busy feeding your customers and enjoying the beautiful place that you are so lucky to live. Give my love to Kristine, Baxter and Greg. I have been in Arizona for the last week and am loving the sunshine! xoxoxo! Becky
Post a Comment