7 Months Already?

It does not seem possible that Vincent is seven months old already. This precious little boy has brought much joy into our lives. He can be the most happy baby... I say can because that is if he has my undivided attention. He does not like when mommy is trying to do laundry, vacuum, homework with his big brother or any of the other million things I need to do in a day. I keep explaining to him he is not an only child but he doesn't seem to get. So if we are not on the floor playing together I am usually wearing him in the ergo pack or bjorn. It's so interesting to me how different he is then Baxter. Especially, in his relationship to me. He wants me around, he checks to see where I am or what I'm doing and he usually wants me to hold him. I remember taking B to mommy & me classes and seeing all the other babies looking for their moms but B NEVER did. The boy was born independent and still is today. They are independent in different ways. I could hand B to anyone and he was fine. Vinceent already wants to do things on his own, like feed himself or drink out of a cup. A couple of weeks ago I took Baxter to see a movie and Kristine said within a few minutes Vince was arching his back, screaming "mommm" for an hour. Yes, where it took Baxter nearly a year and a half to say "mom" (he had lots & lots of other words but not mom) Vincent says, mom. He also just started saying "dag" (dog), duck & baba (bottle). He's been saying what sounds like "hello" to anyone who says hello to him first for awhile, as well as waving hello. And yet at 7 months he hasn't completely mastered sitting up! Baxter was 5 months when he sat himself up from crawling and never really fell over. Baxter was crawling by the fourth month. When Vince rolled over both ways before he was two months I thought he was going to be just like Baxter go, go, go WAY too early. But since he rolled so early he got quite proficient at it I thought he might never crawl. He looked were he wanted to go and would simply roll there often it seemed to his surprise. He has just begun the army crawl, the best thing about the army crawl; it takes much more strength and energy then the regular crawl that he doesn't go far or long. And I like that! Some of my favorite things that Vincent does are the shy smile, he laughs easily, sucks his thumb, "kisses" me & Kristine, drinks out of a sippy cup and touches things with his pointer finger. We love you Vincent and are so happy you are in our family.


First Food.

When he sucks his thumb he likes to put something over his face





1 comment:

gojensens said...

They grow-up way too fast! I can't believe you let him get that messy with his food, oh my!