Easter 2010

As usual we had a fabulous Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays because we always have such a great time. This year Baxter really wanted to win the prize egg, he talked about it all year. The prize egg is an ostrich egg, in a plastic container, signed by all the past winners. The last few years teenagers have found it or others who have no interest in doing so. All the men (Randy, Fritz, Tom, etc.) hide the eggs as well as the prize egg. Personally, I didn't think anything was wrong with me asking Uncle Randy to let me know the general area the prize egg was in. So I could lead Baxter to that area, I was not planning to tell him exactly where it was. He did not feel comfortable with that plan. I took my plan to another man in the group, whose name I will protect, he on the other hand had no problem with it. During the egg hunt I casually lead B to where I knew the egg to be. For several minutes he collected eggs directly around the the HUGE egg and didn't notice it. I finally said, "What's under that bush?" and pointed toward it. He was ecstatic jumping up & down yelling to everyone about his find. All the people were outside watching and as he ran up to show them all he said, "I found the prize egg! My mom showed me where it was!" I was so embarrassed but for the joy & pride he experienced for a whole 24 hours I'd do it again. For the next couple days he kept trying to carry the egg around inside it's trophy, we afraid he was going to break it forbid him to play with it any more. When we got out of the car to bring it home from the mountains, Kristine didn't notice as it fell out of the truck and broke! Such is life. The house was pretty packed when a big earthquake shook the entire house.

Coloring Eggs



That big thing in his basket is the Prize Egg.

Greg, Lisa, DD & me with baby Vince about to pop out!

No comments: