Fleur De Lis


When Baxter was not yet one I heard about Fleur De Lis Preschool it was known as the "Harvard of Preschools". I was told it was impossible to get into unless maybe you had your kid on the list while they were in utero. Well, of course my competitive spirit kicked in and I knew I had to get Baxter in to "that" school. His first year, two years ago we loved the teacher, the experience was great but I did feel like, "It's just a preschool..." Last year we were less than thrilled but Baxter seemed happy and was comfortable there and on track developmentally so we kept him there. This year I could not be more ECSTATIC! I just got home from open house and I'm so impressed with the Pre-K teacher Ms.Kathy, who has been there 30 years. Which I was expecting after she let me know she likes the kids to class no later than 8:15 and she would be giving me the link to the class website. She is extremely organized and has the same philosophy as we do. She believes kids this age learn best through play & positive reinforcement. On the first day of school she gave each of the parents a letter with the a tea bag which said, "After you've wiped your tears on this memorable first day of pre-k, you may want to make yourself a nice warm cup of tea, put your feet up and relax knowing that your child is in good hands. Thank you for entrusting your child with me. I promise to do my best everyday to be your child's companion in learning. I look forward to working with you this year-helping your child grow!" One of their goals this year is to read 500 books! I'm excited to watch Baxter grow academically, socially & emotionally this year, YAY!