Knitted Socks



Well, for those of you who read my earlier story about my experience at the knitting shop. ( The woman who discouraged me from knitted a pair of socks because I was or am to new to knitting.) After a few months of fear I pulled out the pattern a month ago and here is the finished product. My first pair of socks. They were suppose to be tall socks but I wasn't thrilled with the yarn once I started knitting so I decided to make them short. I think they are pretty cute & Kristine loves em. Tomorrow I am going to the yarn store, YIPPY! Hopefully I will be starting that bat man sweater for Baxter.

5 comments:

Suko said...

Rebecca, you and Kristine should go back to that (mean) knitting store wearing your victory socks ... or wavin' them like flags!

Rebecca said...

That is so funny, Susan. My mom said the same thing! The satisfaction of knowing works for me. Plus, she probably wouldn't even remember me.

SingledOut4 said...

I also think you need to show the mean lady. If she doesn't remember you, you will need to remind her. Those look GREAT! I'm always impressed when people have talent like that. I myself have no hand eye coordination - I can't even French braid...

Suko said...

Rebecca, please stop by my blog soon--I have an award for you!

gojensens said...

Obviously my sister was born with ALL the talent! I, like Laurie, can't even french braid, actually I can barely even braid.
The socks are awesome, I knew you could do it!